Almost once a week I like to make a quiche. It is so simple and delicious – plus it’s enough lunch for Koen and me for 2 days! I follow a very simple formula.
For the Crust
I follow the recipe from Green Kitchen Stories for their oat and almond crust. I weigh the amount of oats and almonds, then blend them until they’re a fine consistency. From there I add butter, salt and sometimes herbs depending on what kind of quiche I’m making. While the dough is in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, I work on preparing the filling. Once the dough is ready I just place the ball inside my dish and smush it until my crust is formed. Then it needs to go into the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
For the Filling
1) Choose a vegetable: broccoli and shallots
2) Choose a cheese: Gouda (I also like to use goat cheese, cheddar, and parmesan)
3) Do I want to add bacon? Not this time (but always with leek or with Belgian endives – such great combinations!)
4) Prepare the vegetables; this is the base. Then add meat, followed by cheese.
5) To top the quiche, I use a mixture of 3 eggs and 200mL of cream. Depending on the quiche, I will add different herbs and spices like oregano, nutmeg, or pepper flakes.
6) Cook in the oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.